The Montana State BBQ Championship is scheduled for August 14th and 15th (Wednesday and Thursday). This is a Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned, professional BBQ cooking competition. The competition will bring together professional and amateur BBQ teams from across the USA and Canada for two days of fun and competition at MontanaFair.
KCBS sanctioned events provide the most respected form of judging and scoring in the world of BBQ. KCBS provides representatives for the contest and access to certified BBQ judges who have been trained in how to judge world-class barbeque, using a blind judging process that is fair and void of personal knowledge of teams being judged.
Following the judging on Thursday, August 15th, the teams may choose to offer samples for sale from 2pm until 5pm. “MontanaFair Bones Bucks” will be available for sale and tasting samples will be sold for one “Buck” per taste.
- Space is limited and entries close July 15, 2013 at 5pm.
- Entry fee is $200 and allows teams to compete in 4 meat categories: chicken, pork, pork ribs, and beef brisket.
- Competition in the sauce category requires an additional $50 fee.
- $10,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded.
- DOWNLOAD THE TEAM ENTRY FORM: PDF Version | Excel Version
- DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL RULES: PDF
- DOWNLOAD GENERAL INFORMATION: PDF
- APPLY TO BE A JUDGE